3D modeling there interior of a small building

Yo, I’ve got an interesting project that I took on. I’m trying to map the interior of a building with about 4 rooms total. I used one of Gopros 360 cameras to capture the data, and I was able to convert the raw fisheye photos into a set of rectilinear imagery. I am currently trying to process this data set with these settings.
task|690x289

Does anybody want to give this interior set ago?

Link to the dataset.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing this awesome dataset and project to the forum!

I can’t play with it yet, but I hope to soon.

You’ve inspired me to try my hand at doing something similar!

2 Likes

Definitely let me know how it goes! I’m trying all kinds of Opensource 3D software to see if I can get the results I’m looking for.

2 Likes

Keep us apprised of your discoveries and trials, if you would. It sounds super interesting!

1 Like

Do you have the raw photos? ODM supports them.

2 Likes

I have them, but there in fish eye

1 Like

That’s fine. Just pass --camera-lens fisheye as an option. ODM takes care of the rest.

3 Likes

As long as they are full 360 fisheye, they are usable as is with the above option. Then ODM (via opensfm) will automatically convert them to 6 cubic faces for further processing.

2 Likes

Hello,

I gave it a go and the result was not bad: image If needed, i’ll upload the all.zip through a wetransfer link. Let me know!

Carlos

4 Likes

That’s pretty sweet!

1 Like

That’s fantastic!

2 Likes

Woah that looks amazing!
What parameters did you use?

Thanks for playing with this Data set!

2 Likes

Hello,

I just downloaded the dataset, unzipped the file, fed both the front and back images to the project on my server, set the workflow for 3dModel and forced the camera to “spherical”, and pressed start.

Carlos

1 Like

Sounds like we have plenty of room to tweak things and improve the results further!

That’s really quite promising.

1 Like

The fact that it even works blow my mind! I tried this set is Drone2Map and it would even import that data bc the GPS wasn’t recorded.

3 Likes

Hey Carlos, you send me a link with the assets?
I’m at 28hrs of proccessssing and in starting to think its stuck :expressionless:

1 Like

this was on my local machine … an HP x360 i5 with 32GB of ram: image

1 Like

Ha! I’ve got 16gb or Ram It may have never finished :joy:
Much appreciated!

2 Likes

when memory is low, I always get a red screen whining about low memory … haven’t seen a galloping cpu runaway like that … my largest dataset 547 images took me a modest 13 hours …

cheers!

carlos

Thanks again for helping with this!

4 Likes