WebODM vs ColmapCL

Today I took many photos with my phone on a site, I ran them through WebODM and ColmapCL.

WebODM’s result was really bad, points under ground and totally of. ColmapCL did really well here, very smooth.

I wonder what they do differently, is it that WebODM is angled towards nadir images and ColmapCL isn’t?

Care to share your end products and dataset as well as processing parameters?

Impossible to really know what might be happening without all of that.

My preset! I need high quality.

[{“name”: “build-overviews”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “crop”, “value”: “4”}, {“name”: “dem-resolution”, “value”: “3”}, {“name”: “dsm”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “feature-quality”, “value”: “ultra”}, {“name”: “gps-accuracy”, “value”: “30”}, {“name”: “ignore-gsd”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “matcher-neighbors”, “value”: “24”}, {“name”: “min-num-features”, “value”: “10000”}, {“name”: “orthophoto-resolution”, “value”: “3”}, {“name”: “pc-geometric”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “pc-quality”, “value”: “ultra”}, {“name”: “pc-rectify”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “resize-to”, “value”: “-1”}, {“name”: “texturing-data-term”, “value”: “area”}, {“name”: “texturing-tone-mapping”, “value”: “gamma”}, {“name”: “use-3dmesh”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “use-hybrid-bundle-adjustment”, “value”: true}, {“name”: “verbose”, “value”: true}]