Video mapping with an SRT derived from a GPX

Greetings. I wished to use georeferenced videos with my phone as if it were a DJI drone. Parsing the GPX to SRT with Python is possible. The comments on the parser source code were useful.
I am unsure on the exact cause why my SRT files are being rejected by ODM.

The output is a skeleton SRT.

1
00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:00,000
GPS(lat1, lon1, ele1)

2
00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:01,000
GPS(lat2, lon2, ele2)

3
00:00:01,000 --> 00:00:02,000
GPS(lat3, lon3, ele3)
#etc

iirc… Maybe I skeletonized too much instead of adding fake ISO data and such.

My workflow is:

  1. Start recording the GPX.
  2. Start recording the video.
  3. Stop recording the video.
  4. Stop recording the GPX.
  5. Transfer to PC, convert GPX to SRT, run the usual ODM.

The presence of this SRT file created this way is odious to ODM.

1 Like