Start.sh Docker install fails with unauthorized: authentication required

Hi there, I already had an temp. setup on my desktop and now I try to create a new docker based setup on my server. This machine is a OpenMediaVault5, that is basically a Debian 10 enriched with a admin webfrontend and docker 5:20. I start with the current git as the docs say.

But when I fire up the skript, I just get an: ERROR: unauthorized: authentication required when it tries to apply the first pulled image

[email protected]:~/WebODM# ./webodm.sh start
Checking for docker...   OK
Checking for docker-compose...   OK
Starting WebODM...

Using the following environment:
================================
Host: localhost
Port: 8000
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: NO
SSL key: 
SSL certificate: 
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Default Nodes: 1
================================
Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up --scale node-odm=1
Pulling node-odm (opendronemap/nodeodm:)...
latest: Pulling from opendronemap/nodeodm
6f172cdbcbef: Already exists
751ef0e5d38a: Pull complete
337a4edf9542: Extracting [==========================================>        ]  118.7MB/140.7MB
d66268bd4286: Downloading [========================================>          ]  153.1MB/187.6MB
a3ebf41a9a3f: Downloading [============================================>      ]  148.9MB/165.7MB
9ada50e7d4fc: Downloading
56460e1c2ff6: Waiting
92431041fb36: Waiting
f72d55ba65c6: Waiting
22fb6b7baa16: Waiting
9f39f05d4cee: Waiting
ERROR: unauthorized: authentication required

I’m a docker newbie, so it’s hard to understand if this is dedicated to get the repo, or if it’s a permission problem for the docker service?

In general there don’t seem to be a problem:

[email protected]:~/WebODM# sudo docker run hello-world

Hello from Docker!
This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue or provide further infos?

1 Like

Please make sure you have the latest docker version and the system up to date. Also make sure that you have the correct time on your system.

4 Likes

Did you success run docker hello-world without using sudo? If your docker must be run by using sudo, I think WebODM should be too.

But I prefer run docker without sudo, I can run hello world without sudo as previous screen shot.

1 Like

I totally agree

2 Likes

Are you actually using root? Why then using SUDO?

Can you give the output of:

id root
2 Likes

Hi folks, thank you very much for your support.

I’m sorry for my sudo glitch in the post, of course I’m just root on Debian and the line works also without sudo.

To me run as root user looks good?

[email protected]:~/WebODM# id root
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) Gruppen=0(root),993(docker)

Today I tried also a ./webodm.sh rebuild which run successfully. But the web start also fails. I will see, if there is a chance to update to a more recent docker version?

2 Likes

Since docker is probably installed as packet of apt-get install docker
you can just try apt-get update

Apt-get upgrade
2 Likes

Ok further investigations reveal, that there was a 10mins time drift, because the NTP doesn’t seem to work. A known bug on OMV5 with incomplete DNS setup.

Fixing this, also fixed the docker problem! Thanks man!

2 Likes

you are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.