Quality Settings and Processing RTK

So, I have a forest mapping that I did of about 220 acres.
This was done with the Photogrammetry camera on a DJI L1, which is a 20MP camera. I also had RTK enabled with a local D-RTK2 Station.

There are 924 images in total. I have one area that has a chunk missing. This was 80%/80% overlap.

I tried to re-run it a few times, Default, Forest, Fast Orthophoto. Max time for all of these was 90min processing time.

After I still had this missing area, I set it to NOT resize and to use Ultra Quality and increased number of features to 15000. In hope that it might be able to process that chunk. I can’t see any reason why that area shouldn’t process.

We are now at 21 hours processing. The Data folder for this process is currently at 133GB and growing. I think I might have fraked this up. lol It has been using about 25-30% CPU and 77GB-88GB ram. I do have a 512GB swap file but it hasn’t touched it.

In regards to RTK how do I incorporate that into webodm, I have been googling but haven’t found a good guide on how to actually use the MRK file information.

Computer Specs
Ryzen 5950x
128GB Ram
PNY A6000 GPU
2TB Samsung 980 Pro
2x 4TB Rocket 4 NVMe in Raid 0, this is where WEBODM is installed
8TB Samsung 870 QVO SSD

1 Like

That platform should be writing the RTK-quality geolocation into the image EXIF tags, and should be picked up automatically by WebODM during processing.

That’s a large, heavy dataset. I’d let it run provided you keep seeing signs of life (or signs of swap, if no life in CPU/RAM changes).

What was different about that corner? Any change in elevation? If so, overlap/sidelap will not be the same as the rest of the survey unless you also have terrain following enabled. Shadowing? Spectral surfaces (ponds or riverine features)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.