I have had pretty good luck with ODM for a few months on my server but recently I have had a number of failed tasks because ODM appears to hang at the ‘Compressing all.zip’ stage. I have also used the Lightning network and had similar results. This is happening whenever I add GCPs to the dataset to be processed.
I am using WebODM through Docker on a Dell R710 and only recently started having issues after an update about a week ago. I can see a Celery job running when it gets stuck but even after waiting several hours it fails out.
The test images I am using have been only about 120 images or less. My server has approximately 1TB of storage remaining and 80 GB of RAM available for ODM to abuse as necessary.
I am also not sure if it’s related but the elapsed processing timer also gets stuck when it reaches this stage. If I refresh the page when it reaches the compressing stage, the timer resets to the elapsed time at which it began the compressing stage.
conversion finished 55,569,731 points were processed and 55,569,731 points ( 100% ) were written to the output. duration: 383.984s Postprocessing: done (•̀ᴗ•́)و! Compressing all.zip
I have tried updating everything a couple times and still have had no luck. My next step will probably be to remove everything and reinstall from scratch but I don’t know how effective that will be. I will upload the dataset to a drive when I get a chance.
Here are some related threads which I have looked at but not found an effective solution from: