Micasense Troubles

I flew a micasense mission over a patch about 500mx400m at 60m elevation.
The mission had 80% overlap. I ended up with 8200 images or so.
WebODM runs the process just fine but there are gaps in the resulting mosaic and blurred areas in the remaining coverage.
I have processed micasense before with no issues from about 80m elevation.
It was windy the day I flew and the drone was tipped forward as it headed into the wind maybe 15 degrees. Could this be causing my issues?
I have tried removing the rows headed into the wind with no better result.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
m

First, check if the rolling distortion update covers your drone. Next check how many gap filler steps you use. Then check for pc-rectify. This may help you. There are also plenty of similar post with problems like this.

It seems like a very large number of photos for only 20 hectares.

Are the images blurred due to drone speed/exposure time?

I don’t see anywhere a description of the rolling shutter update. And wouldn’t it be particular to a camera and not a drone? I believe Micasense cameras have global shutters anyway.

Gordon, it is a Micasense camera so divide that number by 5 imagers. So in my case 8990/5=1798.
Is 60m too low to fly that? I can’t think of why it would matter?
All the images I looked at appear clear (though with the different spectra it is a little hard to tell)

1 Like

Not at all, so long as your exposure time is short enough to avoid motion blur at the speed you are flying.

I found that Sift works much better when there’s a lot of tricky angles, it does take a lot more time to match though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.