How to increase maximum cloud points beyond 10.000.000 pts?

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this amazing software! I use WebODM Desktop daily, and it works flawlessly for my workflow.

I would like to kindly ask if it is possible to increase the maximum number of displayed points in the 3D viewer appearance settings. Currently, there is a hardcoded slider limit capped at 10,000,000 points. However, I would like to increase this limit significantly (by up to three orders of magnitude, up to 1,000,000,000 points). Is it possible to adjust this limit in a configuration file somewhere within the desktop installation directory?

If you are concerned about performance or hardware bottlenecks, I am running a machine with an AMD Threadripper 5975WX, 256 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA RTX 3080. The hardware should be more than capable of handling the increased point budget.

If any of the developers would like to use my machine to test or debug large datasets, optimize WebODM for high-end hardware, or try out experimental builds, I am fully at your disposal and would be happy to help!

Thank you very much for any advice! Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Jiří Vaculík

The WebODM Discord channel is here WebODM Community

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.