Anyone using Kroscloud now that it accepts Zip files?

Using WebODM on Windows 11 Home 25H2 and Brave Browser to create a 3D model, and it’s working as expected. Subsequently download a textured model which creates a Zip file. Kroscloud (https://www.kroscloud.com/) was recently updated to import the Zip file directly, and it almost works… However, the 3D model orientation does not work properly. I can manipulate the 3D model within WebODM as expected, but once it’s imported into Kroscloud, the model does not react to mouse movements as would be expected. For example, when I try to “spin” the model around to view it from the opposite direction, the model flips upside down. I haven’t found a way to make the mouse movements react the same as they do in WebODM.

Here are links to two models. Both are difficult to manipulate, but both are easy to manipulate within WebODM.

The Kroscloud documentation describes the tedious export process through intermediary software (Blender) that was used previously, and talks about adjusting some parameters that affect the axes origins. However, I haven’t found a way to adjust anything with the WebODM export nor the Kroscloud import.

Has anyone successfully exported a 3D model from WebODM into Kroscloud, and has some tips to share? I’ve reached out to the Kroscloud developer with no success.

After pursuing several dead ends, I finally went the “Blender” route. It involved unzipping the Zip file exported from WebODM, importing the .OBJ file into Blender, spinning it around to a favourable orientation, exporting the modified object into the same .OBJ file, and rezipping the package. That worked, and wasn’t quite as much work as I thought it might be.

1 Like

Ah good. We do need a solution for rotated models that doesn’t require such a process.

I’ll be starting a thread on user interface needs soon. If I forget to include this in the thread, can you add this in as a feature that would be nice to add to OpenDroneMap user interfaces?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.