What do the colors mean?

Hi,
New user here - amazing product!!

I had what I’m sure is a super basic question though. If I’m looking at the surface model there are numbers in the scale - in this case 1 - 36.
What do those numbers mean? Feet, meters, something else?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome!

The colors are relative to the range of values in the scene, as you picked up :slight_smile:

In our case, we do everything in a local UTM CRS, so they will be in meters.

If you use the export functionality, the can be reprojected into different CRSs, some of which will use feet for the unit.

3 Likes

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to find what the local settings are, nor anything that offers me those options when I export. Is there a simple place to find that?
TIA!

1 Like

If you want to change the CRS I can recommend QGis, it’s pretty easy. You can also change the colour range.

1 Like

Andreas,

Thanks. That might be an option but, ideally, I’d like to stay in one program as much as possible so I’d love to do it without exporting and importing.
If I have to…I have to. But I was hoping to not.

Thanks

Barry

1 Like

Haven’t seen a program that can do it all and do it good.

2 Likes

Understood. That might be the way to go. Do you have a link to a nice tutorial that shows how to export/import between the two?
Sorry if this is a basic question - I’m pretty new to both pieces of software.
Thanks!

1 Like

barry, please check the release notes overview for v1.9.11. It has screenshots showing you how to access the various menus in View Map for exporting data in arbitrary SRSs:

Let me know if you need a bit more info! Writing up docs for all these new features is on my list :slight_smile:

3 Likes