WebODM / Raspberry Pi 4

Hello,
Has anyone managed to install WebODM on Raspberry Pi4?

I would be interested to know if anyone has tried this too. The Intel NUCs are a bit more compatible from a specifications perspective:

Red Cross is using these as their in-the-field solution: https://americanredcross.github.io/2019/08/07/posm-9-release/

Even at 4GB, the Pi would be limited to pretty small datasets, but pretty interesting to see running OpenDroneMap for sure. :slight_smile:

Also, it might be quite feasible to run WebODM on the new Pis and offload the processing to another node or the lightning network. We have a drone with a Pi in it, and I am interested in trying this in conjunction with a cell card to get immediate upload and processing of datasets.

I am trying to install natively. This error appears to me.

Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/1a/6d/ee8b15e0d45dd7e9e7f2559e37f91915a19155cf8403948ff2082903ee30/rasterio-1.1.0.tar.gz (2.1MB)
|โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ| 2.1MB 2.9MB/s
Installing build dependencies โ€ฆ done
Getting requirements to build wheel โ€ฆ error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /home/pi/env/bin/python3 /home/pi/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py get_requires_for_build_wheel /tmp/tmp72lg13ay
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-4cpjhiy4/rasterio
Complete output (1 lines):
ERROR: Numpy and its headers are required to run setup().

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /home/pi/env/bin/python3 /home/pi/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py get_requires_for_build_wheel /tmp/tmp72lg13ay Check the logs for full command output.

Any ideas?

long time ago i install WebODM or Raspberry pi. normal instalation via docker works well.
it is nice to use rpi like server for sharing rendered projects on โ€œbigestโ€ machine because rpi its not a powerfull to take any odm task

Hello,
Can you share how you did it? I would like to use rpi in very small flights in the field.
did you use raspbian? thank you.

I have long thought about what it would be like to have a cluster of Pi4 units churning awayโ€ฆ They might make for a reasonably efficient (perf/$ and watt/$) cluster. Especially if the 8GB variant ever comesโ€ฆ

1 Like