WebODM not running after Windows 11 Pro and WebODM updates (04/05/2022)

WebODM not running after Windows 11 Pro and WebODM updates (04/05/2022)

Hi there WebODM geniuses

I did a Windows update a few weeks ago to windows 11 pro and did a WebODM update and now my maps do not run. I have a very beefy computer:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB (31.4 GB usable)
Maps used to render very quickly. After updating, the processing node went offline so I uninstalled WebODM and reinstalled it a few times. This worked (sort of). Maps of 467 images that would run in half an hour now take 10 hours. I have the number of processors used by the computer set to max yet the CPU is only using 15% when running WebODM instead of 100% as it used to. How do I go about fixing this problem and how do I incorporate my GPU to work with the CPU when rendering maps to speed up the process (is it possible to use the GPU as well?). I have looked through the forum and found that others have had a similar issue and have tried the recommendations but nothing works. At the same time, the first time I load the images into WebODM, the process fails (see console for High resolution RGB and Multispectral consoles attached). I then reload the images and it will start processing but it take an extremely long time which it never did before. I ran the images through DJI TERRA (a far inferior software than WebODM in my opinion) and the maps run 7900 multispec images in 15 minutes and 227 images in 8 minutes.

I used the paid WebODM installer and my browser is Brave
The image overlap is 80% side 75% front.
Thank you for a fantastic program.

Kind regards

Console Drive link bellow:
WebODM not working after updates

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble, Sean!

Are you certain the parameters have not changed between runs?

Taking that long sounds like possibly using pagefile/swap.

AMD GPUs will not be supported by our GPU processing pipeline as it uses NVIDIA CUDA.

Do you run any Anti-Virus software other than Windows Defender?

Hi Saijin

Thank you very much for your rapid response. The parameters have not changes, I am using the High resolution preset without changing any parameters and Multispec preset without any parameter changes.

What is pagefile/swap? (apologies, I am not massively computer literate)

Is there a possibility that these GPUs will be supported in future?

I only have Windows Defender

1 Like

Hi Saijin

I am still battling to get WebODM to run properly (I have updated to the latest build), but it is still not running properly. I ran a data set last year and it completed in 4 hours, I reran the same data set yesterday and it took 9 hours 49 mins to complete. My system has enough storage, plenty of RAM and a fast CPU with all processors set to max (QGIS runs computations very quickly as a result)What could the problem be perhaps? Things havent been running smoothly for WebODM since I updated to Windows 11, I have run through the system and everything is the same as it was before, but ODM runs very slowly.

I have linked the quality reports from the two different data sets (the consoles are the ones I attached previously)

Quality report 1 run time 2021 Windows 10
Quality report 2 runtime 2022 Windows 11

Kind regards
Sean Hill

1 Like