WebODM Lightning and saving preset

Can we please have the option to save a preset? I have the best possible ortho setting for 2D.

1 Like

I think you could save a preset in a WebODM instance connected to lightning. But yes, saving in lightning itself would be a bonus.

Out of curiosity, what’s your favorite setting for ortho?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I can’t get 3D to work with WebODM Lightning and then into WebODM local. If I do a render that works with WebODM local it works but 3D doesn’t work with the .ZIP drag in.

I’m not sure the issue there, but you don’t have to do an import. You can add lightning as a node in WebODM and then process through WebODM but on the lightning network.

1 Like

WebODM has several preset option templates that seem to work well. At least the Hi-Res template is giving me nice results for orthomosaics. I just started using Lightning today and was surprised that those same templates weren’t already there. Would seem to be an automatic feature to have with it.

1 Like

After reading Smathermather’s post, I entered Lightning from within the WebODM desktop app, and Voila, there you have it. Just pick the option presets template that you want, select the Lightning node, and off you go. Beautiful.

3 Likes

This is a great solution, IMO.

1 Like