[WebODM Feature Request] Search for project by name

I have pages and pages of Projects in WebODM. I often find myself wishing I could quickly locate a Project by name without having to page through the list to find it. Any chance of adding a search or filter capability to the dashboard project list?

4 Likes

oooh, so good.

What else might you want to filter/search on other than Project Name and Task name?

1 Like

Date range?

2 Likes

Date range of Task or images?

How would you want to search that? Text input? Calendar Picker? Drop-downs?

2 Likes

Good question, tasks are arranged in date order now, but if you have many pages of them, task data could be useful.
Re images, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have to delete mine from my dedicated 1TB WebODM SSD quite often (but still keep them on the much larger HDD storage), as I run out of space when working with large image sets. Is the image date data kept somewhere after the images are removed? I know it is in the report (even though the time range is incorrect as I’ve mentioned in another thread), but is it anywhere else?

Calendar picker would be my choice.

2 Likes

Hmm, good questions here. Project name is my big wish, but I think date range would be useful in some cases, especially for finding and removing old tasks. I would personally care about date of tasks more than date of photos. Calendar dropdown.

I’ll add that I would prefer a quick search that is right there on the dashboard and only takes a couple of clicks (vs advanced search with complex capabilities and query builder interface).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.