WebApp Memory Usage

Hello erveryone,
I use WebODM version 1.9.11 with docker. Every refresh page in WebODM, it increase memory usage of webapp container. It storage in cache i think.

I guess list of project request cause of that. Also i checked that on WebODM 1.9.16 version. It seems same. Is it bug or can i fix this?

Thank You!

3 Likes

Linux is pretty aggressive with caching things, especially when there is low memory pressure. This seems normal to me. It should drop cached data as needed

When i send 200 request at the same time with Jmeter to WebODM, it becomes really huge memory usage.

I think it needs to be clean cache somehow.

Yes, I am observing a similar pattern. I did not yet bother to quantify it but webapp uses up to 8 Gbyte or at times around 20 Gbyte of system memory. Mainly when I am viewing projects, opening the 3D view and a bit more when also loading the textures in the 3D viewer.
The only way I found to get that memory back, is to stop WebODM. Closing the browser where I am viewing the project does not help.

Yet at this point it did not yet really bother me. Since I mostly download and process my projects externally and WebODM runs on a dedicated rendering machine.