Upcoming WebODM Presentations

I’m planning to give two talks on WebODM (and ecosystem) this year. I know some photogrammetry and mapping, but am really just getting started with WebODM. I am spending quite a bit of time with it over the next couple of months, but I could probably use some help from the community on a few aspects of the toolchain.

As I develop the presentations I will be working from a “What’s New In WebODM” presentation and document. I will make those available here on the forum, or wherever you recommend, for use by the OpenDroneMap community.

The two talks are:

• April 2020 - North Coast Drone Alliance Meetup (Cleveland OH USA)
  • May 2020 - STRATUS Conference (Buffalo NY USA) (pending acceptance)

If anyone has any similar material they are willing to share, please link or post on this thread. Comments and suggestions are welcome, either here in this thread or in the Google doc. I am excited to help get the word out.

Working Outline: https://docs.google.com/document/d…
Presentation: (not created yet)

1 Like

Cool. Here’s the latest workshop slides, which includes some of the larger ecosystem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4agxsflbz0e9edy/UR%20Drone%20Mapping%20Workshop%20Slides.pdf?dl=0

3 Likes

Wow, fantastic. Thank you.

Update: Both of my upcoming WebODM presentations have been (rightfully) canceled due to the COVID-19 situation, so I’m deferring work on the shared presentation. Instead, I’m going to work on benchmark data. I have a start on that, which I’ll post soon as its own thread.

4 Likes

I’m giving a briefing and hands-on ODM workshop tomorrow, as part of UCANR’s DroneCamp. I created a PR to add these to the ODM Presentations repo but for a few days they are here.

Slides (PPT, 40 MB), Hands-On Exercises (PDF, 3 MB), Test Dataset (Github, 62 MB)

Feel free to use and adapt if any of these materials are helpful. They are geared toward newbies who either haven’t tried ODM or are just getting started. I plan to give this workshop again for some local drone nerds. I’m also wondering if it would be helpful to offer this as a periodic webinar (free) for people who are interested in learning about ODM. Any opinions on that?

2 Likes

Good luck! I won’t be able to watch live, but looking forward to catching the recording.

1 Like