Trouble with IDInitialization error

Hi,
I am getting the same error.
I have successfully processed on this machine before. I wonder is it something related to the update to 1.9.11?

Task Output:
[INFO] Initializing ODM 2.7.0 - Mon Jan 10 17:27:30 2022
[INFO] ==============
[INFO] auto_boundary: False
[INFO] boundary: {}

more INFO stuff

[INFO] Maximum photo dimensions: 4056px
[INFO] Photo dimensions for feature extraction: 2028px
d:\a\odm\odm\superbuild\build\pypopsift_deps\popsift-src\src\popsift\sift_conf.cu:47

Could not get current device IDinitialization error

1 Like

What happens if you reboot?

1 Like

Rebooting returns the same error. But I will load new images and start the full process again. Maybe that will help.

1 Like

I have tested this a number of times… my latest test is to process just 20 sample images but I am getting the same error. I have rebooted the pc and am on the latest version.

And I reinstalled ODM, updated to the latest version and it is giving the same error.

What GPU and driver?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design
Total Memory: 12005 MB
Display Memory (VRAM): 3962 MB
Driver:
WDDM 2.7
nvldmudx.dll
…I thought ODM does not or cannot use GPU

1 Like

We do have improvements that add GPU support:

Sometimes an older card will get in the way of CPU fallback working correctly, but Saijin will know more.

3 Likes

This will get fixed as soon as Fixes by pierotofy · Pull Request #1402 · OpenDroneMap/ODM · GitHub is merged :pray:

In the meantime, as a workaround you can set a ODM_NO_GPU environment variable (set it to “YES”) to temporarily disable GPU features.

4 Likes

I can confirm that WebODM makes use of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super, and it is very fast at feature extraction

4 Likes