Tree blur and distortion

Hi All,

Working on some surveying over a golf course and there is distortion and blur around trees. Anyone got any tips.

I have my own settings running off of high quality and forest.

Options: mesh-octree-depth: 6, min-num-features: 50000, orthophoto-resolution: 2, dtm: true, dem-resolution: 2, texturing-data-term: area, dsm: true, matcher-neighbors: 21, depthmap-resolution: 1000

50%20PM

1 Like

What was your overlap and sidelap for flights?

75% both overlap and sideslip

What’s your image size?

Image size is set to no resizing, photos from Mavic 2 pro. size 5472 × 3648

also attached is computer specs.
Using liveODM from usb install on ubuntu 16.04
here is link to images used.

https://powersoft365-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/willie_powersoft_ca/Eo4kzkXwBfxAjP8WE4CRXV4BAvNAqnz5yDaaFlIJ7soZlg?e=oUhqo242%20PM

1 Like

Cool. Ok, so there are a couple of ways to get good trees, and they’re opposite approaches. One was is to create an overdetermined model — this would be focusing on high overlap and sidelap (77-83%). The other is to fly with what overlap you have at the 4x the tallest tree. The challenge with the first is flight time, and legal restrictions often challenge the second.

But before we get to that, try bumping up your mesh octree depth to 11. 6 is very flat and only under certain conditions will that look good. Tall trees usually don’t.

1 Like

Ok, thanks @smathermather-cm I am running that higher mesh number right now and will let you know how it looks.

Thanks for your help, I love WebODM and it makes my life easier not having to pay for DroneDeploy or such.

2 Likes

Glad to have you in the community. Let us know how it goes.

It worked a bit better, I think next time I need more overlap. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Excellent. Cheers!