The Rye, High Wycombe

Went over my local park this afternoon and flew this, 451 images, must say I’m quite pleased

Thanks again to @cherrmax for hosting these

2 Likes

And here’s the textured model

https://hub.dronedb.app/r/martinr36/the-rye/view/RWFzdCBFbmQgMDYtMDctMjIvb2RtX3RleHR1cmVkX21vZGVsX2dlby5vYmo=/model

2 Likes

Nice job, was it all flown at the same height AGL? I notice a bit of variation in resolution, and it looks like some was done in sun, and some in cloudy conditions- shadows on the field section, but none across the buildings.

Not able to view in Chrome, but Firefox works.

1 Like

Hi Gordon, thanks for the comment, it was flown at 285 feet ATL with a mini2, and the weather was a bit cloudy with clouds covering sun at times.

I shot it using auto exposure, with the gimbal set at -90, however on a couple of occasions I noticed it had gone up to about -80 to -70 so readjusted it back to -90

2 Likes

Some images at -70 or 80° would actually help, particularly for things such as goal post, light towers and building sides etc, which often don’t reproduce very well with entirely nadir image datasets.

2 Likes

yeah i might give that a try, I also want to do the other end of the park, but need to check it out properly first, as it comes very close to restricted air space (within about 30m at a guess)

2 Likes