Task stuck at saving metadata

Hello all,
I took this screenshot while gathering content for another post, it was about 9 to 10 hours ago that I took the screenshot. As you can see the running task is nearly done and it’s not a small task. It’s showing that it has been running for 91 hours and 27 minutes.

This morning when I went to check on it, I noticed that the processing time said 91:27:10. Since I took the previous screenshot 9 to 10 hours ago, this counter should be over 100 hours. Below in the screenshot, I’ve included the date and time from my computer.

To make sure I wasn’t crazy, I closed the browser and reopened it. Sure enough, the counter showed 91:27:10 again. So, this job has been stuck for who knows how long now. I didn’t notice it before because the javascript counter kept counting up, and I had never closed out the tab or navigated away.

So, my 100+ hour job is stuck saving metadata. Is there a way to unstick the job, wake it up, or something? This was about to be my largest successfully completed job in WebODM…

2 Likes

Possibly related: Processing hangs at Compressing all.zip

1 Like

Ok, so the suggestion is to update GDAL. This system has been running Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS because I’ve been hesitant to run under docker. Since NodeODM is now running under docker, is there any problems with updating the OS version to the current versions so that the needed python versions can be installed to support the latest version of GDAL? Or is it just better to wipe this system, install the latest version of Ubuntu and move forward with the Docker install route? I guess I should start getting used to Docker and embrace it rather than avoid it.

Updating GDAL by itself will not solve the problem (probably), but it might create other issues with dependencies. I wouldn’t update it.

An update to GDAL is planned along with changes to the code so that a chunk of code that is currently getting stuck (see thread discussion I linked for details) can be fixed.

1 Like

So the option is to wait then. I can do that.

It just got patched 7 hours ago. I think if you do an upgrade, you should be good to go (assuming the docker images are all built.

1 Like

You guys are fast. :smiley:

1 Like