Storage Location - Using external source still fills up Docker VHD

I’m currently using “./webodm.sh start --media-dir D:\WebODM\data” so i can keep my outputs in plain view on my HDD and not have to worry about VHD size, but the Docker VHD still seems to be filling up… I’m going to assume this is due to files created during processing which are stored in the database location? and not the “media-dir” location?

Is this correct? I’ve been caught off guard and had projects sat doing nothing for hours when WebODM ran out of space because the VHD filled up, but my HDD (media-dir) still had plenty of space left.

You might have to (manually) map the /var/www/data folder of the NodeODM container (see docker-compose.nodeodm.yml) to a disk location also. See https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/WebODM/issues/776

1 Like

I’ll check this out thanks.

Thought i’d just come back and update on my experience with this.

I’ve had luck using the following -

docker-compose.nodeodm.yml:

node-odm:
image: opendronemap/nodeodm
volumes:
- /host_mnt/DriveLetter/Windows/Folder:/var/www/data

docker-compose.yml

(under webapp)
volumes:
- /host_mnt/DriveLetter/Windows/Folder:/webodm/app/media

(under worker)
volumes:
- /host_mnt//DriveLetter/Windows/Folder:/webodm/app/media

I had to remove the :z from the end of the default option as it caused errors. Not sure what it does, but a quick google said remove it.

Still need to test Volume sizes etc after running a few projects, but at least it passed the installation part haha

1 Like

Looks like this is working very nicely!

I’ve run 1 job, and then re-run it with different parameters to give different results and there’s been no change to the Docker VM size. The Node and Data folders I made in my windows environment have changed in size though.

1 Like

Have you tried pruning docker?
You can use…
docker system prune -a
to prune docker and remove:

• all stopped containers
  • all networks not used by at least one container
  • all images without at least one container associated to them
  • all build cache

It wasn’t a solution, but thanks anyway. I wanted a long term solution with minimal maintenance and files that were accessible within windows own file system - my reply above solved this.