Split for newbes

Hello forum, I am in the self-learning phase of ODM with a computer with a low capacity of 4gb RAM (3.8 useful) and I am using the Split and Split overlap command. I made an orthophoto with 56 images in the first exercise and then another,with the same set of images, with split 20 images and overlap of 10 m, obtaining a more Picasian orthophoto with three sub-models, I attached captures of the two exercises and the three sub-models, how the result can be improved. … ideas for a novice? … can affect the flight schedule to the result, I have done it with a fimi x8 drone at 50 m high and shooting photos every 5 seconds, with a handmade flight rack. The drone model does not support programming for photogrammetryodm s0 s1 s2 split

1 Like

Try decreasing the camera shutter interval to about 2s or so to help increase overlap.

Thanks, i Will do another try…a last question, who Is the reason that the first sub model have 24 pictures, the second 14 and the last 18 when i assigned 20 on the Split command

1 Like

It tries to cluster them by location, so the number is more of a guideline than an exact number.

If you need exact, and know what images must go in each submodel, you can specify manually:
https://docs.opendronemap.org/large/#local-split-merge

1 Like

A trick that I have discovered with the Qgis freehand plugin … impressive for newbies, it is capable of georeferencing and adjusting the orthophotos, graphically, of the submodels and any orthophotos, you just have to have a reliable layer with good georeferencing, then you can rotate, move and adjust size with this plugin the rest of the layers generated with ODM
freehand-qgis

4 Likes

The final steep of this exercise is superimposing the orthophoto to the cadastre layer is quite precise? FimiX82020+ ODM +QgisCapturaface

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.