Should I or should I not resize the images?

The images originally present: 4000X3000px. I am resizing to 2048px.

What are the implications?

1 Like

Faster processing
Larger GSD
Less detail

You may be better to resize to 2000, half of 4000 to reduce any errors in interpolation, although I don’t know what method is used here, so it might not be an issue.

1 Like

Any idea why the system says “not enough memory” when not resizing? Not enough memory where?

Thanks!

1 Like

Not enough RAM. How much do you have?

1 Like

you can try increasing your pagefile in windows or swap if using linux., but it is due to not enough RAM and virtual memory for the amount of images being processed and the selection of quality parameters.

2 Likes

64G on Win 10

1 Like

How many images are you attempting to process, what size (MP) are they, and what settings are you using?

1 Like

Gordon,

Before I installed the Windows installer version, I was using Desktop Docker. I suspect that’s where the limitation is. Since installing the Windows Installer, I was able to render 269 images (avg 13.5mb each) using no resizing. It took 6.5 hours to render.

But I do have a question about the Option drop down. Will the High Resolution yield the same outcome as selecting “no resizing”? Also, is there a descriptive page that gives a bit more details as to what the other selections produce other than just the obvious description.

Thanks!

Anthony

2 Likes

We don’t have descriptions for them spelled out yet, but they will show what they change once you confirm them.

Their settings are also listed here, so you can get an idea of what they set:

1 Like