Quickly aligning photos to ensure stitching/coverage

Hi,

I’m used to using Agisoft Metashape Pro, when collecting data in the field we quickly align the images on low to check that there is enough overlap and the images will stitch. This is also to check there aren’t any holes in the data collected. The output is a sparse cloud and a point representing each image in the dataset

Is there a way of doing this on WebODM?

Is there one of these to choose?

1 Like

Welcome!

I think you could benefit from making your own Processing Profile.

I have something pretty similar to what you want, but I do it on Ultra:

auto-boundary: true, debug: true, feature-quality: ultra, gps-accuracy: 3, min-num-features: 15000, pc-filter: 0, pc-geometric: true, pc-quality: ultra, pc-tile: true, primary-band: green, rolling-shutter: true, skip-3dmodel: true, skip-orthophoto: true, skip-report: true, verbose: true

Maybe you can use that as a template to decide what you want to add/remove/adjust from there :slight_smile:

Not in the web interface. On the command line, you can access the intermediate sparse cloud.

edit: Choose fast-orthophoto from the drop-down and run the process through to the end. This uses the sparse point cloud for all the steps and bypasses dense point cloud creation. This sparse point cloud should be quite similar to what you are familiar with from Agisoft which you can see in the 3D view.

2 Likes

Here is a side-by-side of the sparse version when using fast-orthophoto and final dense version:

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply! That is awesome. What a great, powerful open source software!

3 Likes

Thanks Saijin, I will have a look into it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jake_Stenson,

FYI, in case you haven’t figured this out already, you can save any settings as a custom processing profile, you just have to click on the little dropdown on the Edit button, rather than the main part of the button (I’m just pointing this out because I didn’t realise this for ages and was wishing ODM had this feature, which it does!)

Cheers

5 Likes