Proposal: email alert for processing problems

Hi all,

this is my first post here, really happy to meet you!

I have a feature request: is it possible to send an email alert when processes ends with a errorcode?
Maybe it could be useful to send an email alert everytime, also for processes that succeeds, because the process often runs in a different computer.

Best regards

Francesco

3 Likes

Welcome!

Great UX suggestion. I made heavy use of this in a commercial software, so I agree that it has a lot of value.

Would you be able to contribute funds or development effort to get this made for everyone?

2 Likes

Hi,

thank you for your appreciation.

Yes, I’m available for contribute funding, benehalf regarding my economic resources! :slight_smile:

Regards
Francesco

2 Likes

I would be happy to support with funds too. Email alerts for running processes when away from home/office would be useful.

1 Like

Excellent!

Would you feel comfortable starting a funding initiative?

fund.webodm.org is a great place to start looking for how we’ve done it in the past :blush:

3 Likes

Was this for me? I’m very happy to support, but genuinely don’t feel that know enough yet to start funding campaigns. I wouldn’t have a clue how to cost etc. I do like the Quad funding model though, novel way of applying mathematics to the problem.

2 Likes

Mostly for niubii, but your support with drumming up interest will be very welcome when we get to that stage.

2 Likes