Projecting x,y coordinates from dataset images to stitched orthophoto tiff

New to ODM and we started to use NodeODM mainly due to the orthophoto stitching georeferenced capabilities.The programm works like a charm but the problem is that we need to plot on the orthophoto stitched image points that are only known to relative coordinates from the starting dataset images.As i read from previous posts geoeferencing the starting dataset images is not possible so is there a work around and somehow project the relative x,y coords of the starting dataset images to the equivalent x,y coords on the final ortho stitched image?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Welcome!

Quite an interesting problem you’re looking to solve!

So to be clear, the coordinates are not in any global CRS, but instead in a local or offset-based coordinate system?

1 Like

Affirm just x,y pixel values from the starting dataset.
To be clear our first goal was to georeference all images from the starting dataset. I made it with lots of maths and python but with rather not suficient accuracy.So we used odm orthophoto stitching as a workaround ,but now we only know the x,y pixel values from the starting dataset.
My next thought was to maybe project the starting dataset x,y pixels to the stitched ortho photo thing that i don’t know even if possible since i don’t know anything about SFM algorithm.

1 Like

If you know your pixel size, origin, and rotation, then you can build a world file:

1 Like

If i understand well thats for georeferencing the starting dataset right?We have no geo data from the starting dataset ,and will probably never have as the images are too small.

1 Like

That would get applied to the final orthophoto, if you have some referenced or unreferenced origin coordinate and pixel size, this will make your measurements on that product measurable.

1 Like

I think i was wrong on saying x,y coords , by x,y coords from starting dataset i mean just the x and y pixel position in the dataset images.I think world file isn’t usable when the images has no reference to any datum.What i hoped was from the data ODM provides at the report from the stitching process ,somehow to manage and project these x,y pixel positions from the starting dataset images to the respective x,y position on the stitched image.

Found another question actually trying to solve the same problem

Is there any way to correlate data between starting dataset and stitched image from shots.geojson?
Currently im starting to decoding the infos

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.