"Process exited with code 1" and advice on task output

Hello fellow members,

I am need of your help!!!

I have a set of images that cover a large extent of a walking track site, 1317692.0m2 to be exact. Due to limited time and batteries, I had to squeeze this mission into a single battery life by raising the altitude to 200m (something I had never done before) and decrease the frontal and side overlap to 30%.
I am trying to process the images as per the task default settings (what I normally do) but the process takes no more than 10 minutes with the resulting map showing a fraction of the mapped area.
I have tried processing this in segments, groups of 20 images, but thats when the error “Process exited with code 1” appears.
I am simply after geoTIFF and no other assets.
Can you please advise on what the best way to do this would be and how I should approach the task output function (excuse my ignorance, I am still a novice at this).
I am using a mavic 2 pro and running webodm through docker on macos.

This is the google drive link to the images I am using:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ouJ64XhN7Ci9iNRzjOXozc7RCiB2IOx1?usp=sharing

1 Like

Welcome! Thanks for providing data, and some context on the mission! Both very helpful!

That’s very low overlap/sidelap… Reconstruction might be difficult.

You can try a basic naïve stitch like with Microsoft Image Composite Editor, or maybe Hugin.

I’ll see if I can work on that data later this week.

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your response! I will give these stitching programs a try.
Do these programs create the final merged map to be geolocated? or would I need to process that in a qgis type program to do so?
Usually once I have acquired the geo-TIFF, I import it in to our cad system which drops it in its correct geolocation. Just wondering if it would have that capability.

Thanks and would be good to see how u fare with that data!

1 Like

Microsoft Image Composite Editor does not geolocate the data. Hugin, I’m not sure, but I’m going to assume not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.