Problem with MicMac

Hi,
I have a problem with MicMac. Basically it doesn’t work, even if I add a GPC file. I have installed it from the WebODM Manager and I use a Windows 10 machine. In the images you can see the error reported, it is strange because I have added a GPC file (you can see it in the third image).
consolemicmac
micmac
gpcfile

Thanks!

1 Like

Output of one image from exiftool please :

exiftool -filename -gpslongitude -gpslatitude -gpsaltitude -T ImageName.JPG

1 Like

Hi and thank you for answering. I attach the exif file of one image.
Thanks!
exif1
exif2
exif3

I can`t see any geo/gps coordinates in exif tags :eyes: :eyes:
The camera is X-T100 and doesn’t have GPS.
I fear NodeMicmac does not work without geo/gps coordinates embedded in exif tags.

3 Likes

Yes, I know that my camera does not have GPS. Ah ok, I thought it could work without coordinates in exif file, but with a GCP file, like nodeODM. No problem, thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In fact it was written :

could not convert string to float : -

The “-” mean there is no coordinates in exif.

2 Likes

NodeMICMAC is a but younger than NodeODM, though the Micmac code base is more mature, and they currently do not have feature parity.

1 Like

Hey Stephen, MicMac have images pair (in OriConvert and Tapioca => watch cple aka couple in example section of this page https://micmac.ensg.eu/index.php/Tapioca ) and a tool far away better IMHO : multiscale feature matching.

1 Like

Oh yeah. There’s lots of depth to expose in NodeMICMAC, for sure. We aren’t even using their awesome camera models yet, let alone multiscale feature matching.

But JT has been incredibly responsive to feature requests, and has deep knowledge of how to extend the exposed feature set.

2 Likes

@Vande93 – I don’t think this is open as a feature request, but you can see if this is something that is on JT’s agenda by adding a feature request here:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Stephen! I’ll take a look.

1 Like