Problem starting WebODM (Docker Toolbox - Windows 10) with no error or success messages

Hello,

I`m having an issue to run WebODM on docker toolbox. My host system is Windows 10 Home and I followed the steps in https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/WebODM for installation. I had searched on the forums and on web, but find nothing about this problem.

The install process occurs without errors, but when I try execute ./webodm.sh start in docker quickstart terminal it shows the following:

ferna@DESKTOP-680ANJG MINGW64 /c/docker-machine/WebODM (master)
$ ./webodm.sh start
Checking for docker...   OK
Checking for git...   OK
Checking for python...   OK
Checking for pip...   OK
Checking for docker-compose...   OK
Starting WebODM...

Using the following environment:
================================
Host: localhost
Port: 8000
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: NO
SSL key:
SSL certificate:
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml start || docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up

ferna@DESKTOP-680ANJG MINGW64 /c/docker-machine/WebODM (master)
$

As a result, WebODM is not accessible from browser (Tested with all browsers I have here), but there are no error messages and no success messages. The execution is immediately stopped and I don`t know where to look for a log that helps in this situation.

I had tried many tips, like:

• run ./webodm.sh down, then ./webodm.sh start;
  • or change the permissions for all files in WebODM folder with chmod;
  • or remove the WebODM folder, then pull everything again with git clone;
  • or run ./webodm.sh restart;
  • or complete uninstall of docker, git, python, then install again and git clone;

But didn`t have sucess with them.

Here is a screenshot from my docker terminal.
2018-10-13

Could someone please help with this problem? I`m seriously stucked here.

Roundshield

0 Likes

Hi @roundedshield :hand:

What URL are you trying to open? Remember it’s http://dockerip:8000 where dockerip is the output of docker-machine ip.

0 Likes

Hi @pierotofy :+1:t4:

Thanks, for the response!

I’m using the URL given by docker-machine ip:
http://192.168.99.100:8000.

I want to apologize, because I wasn’t so clear in my previous description.
Usually, after we run the command ./webodm.sh start, the script executes many operations and prints some response on terminal.
For example, I have an older PC that runs WebODM without errors, and it displays the following when I start WebODM:

rapha@RAPHA-ITA-NOTE MINGW64 /c/WebODM (master)
$ ./webodm.sh start
Checking for docker...   OK
Checking for git...   OK
Checking for python...   OK
Checking for pip...   OK
Checking for docker-compose...   OK
Starting WebODM...

Using the following environment:
Host: localhost
Port: 8000
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: NO
SSL key:
SSL certificate:
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml start || docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up
Starting node-odm-1 ... done
Starting db         ... done
Starting broker     ... done
Starting worker     ... done
Starting webapp     ... done

rapha@RAPHA-ITA-NOTE MINGW64 /c/WebODM (master)
$

Right under docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml start || docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up the terminal usually prints starting node-odm1 ...done and so on…
But in my new PC, the command stops before printing any message under docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml start || docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up.

There are no errors, no warnings, no success messages.

It seems WebODM is not running, because the browsers don’t open http://192.168.99.100:8000

I don’t have a clue about whats happening in my new PC. I think after running ./webodm.sh start the messages saying 'this' ..done 'that' ...done, or some error, would appear in my terminal, but not is happening, like in the screenshot of my first post.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad English. :grimacing:

Roundshield

0 Likes

This happened to me after I changed the vmdsk location inside Virtualbox GUI.
I only changed the virtual disk and not the accompanying files in the .docker folder where the Vdisk originally was located.
Not sure this has anything to do with the issue, but I comment this here for if this helps you and me solve this issue.
Update:
I issued the restart command and it is back on again.

0 Likes