Possible problem with duplicated image names

I’m having problems running a task with 1134 photos. Figured out my firewall was causing problems and put a rule in for that. Finally got it to run and it ran for about 42 hours and then died. I was running with a split of 200. I’ve monitored CPU and Ram usage intermittently and never went about 50% on either and that’s with me using it for other things while running. I have a pretty good PC with 32 gig of Ram. I’ve looked through the log and I’m not really seeing anything that tells me why it [redacted]. Anyone willing to look at the log and tell me what i’m missing?

2 Likes

Can you provide some details of your job such as photo resolution, WebODM job settings, and the last section of log messages (i.e. when it failed)?

2 Likes

The photos are 4000x3000
I believe the log gives you everything else.
I’m rerunning it now. I suspect it is because I had duplicate file names. I didn’t reformat the sd card and just deleted the files so it started with the next file number and when it got to 999 it created a new folder and started over. So I had 134 files with the same name. I used exiftool to rename them all and give them unique names. I also changed some settings to suggested setting I found on a youtube video. So we’ll see what that does in 40 hours or so. I’m kinda new at this, but I’ve successfully made two other maps with the same drone setting. They were smaller, but to my thinking that will just increase the processing time. I appreciate you looking at it and will value your input.
Initializing ODM 2.8.7 - Wed Jul 13 06:19:02 2022
[INFO] ==============
[INFO] 3d_tiles: False
[INFO] auto_boundary: True
[INFO] boundary: {}
[INFO] build_overviews: False
[INFO] camera_lens: auto
[INFO] cameras: {}
[INFO] cog: True
[INFO] copy_to: None
[INFO] crop: 3
[INFO] debug: False
[INFO] dem_decimation: 1
[INFO] dem_euclidean_map: False
[INFO] dem_gapfill_steps: 3
[INFO] dem_resolution: 5
[INFO] depthmap_resolution: 640
[INFO] dsm: False
[INFO] dtm: False
[INFO] end_with: odm_postprocess
[INFO] fast_orthophoto: False
[INFO] feature_quality: high
[INFO] feature_type: sift
[INFO] force_gps: False
[INFO] gcp: None
[INFO] geo: None
[INFO] gps_accuracy: 10
[INFO] ignore_gsd: False
[INFO] matcher_neighbors: 0
[INFO] matcher_type: flann
[INFO] max_concurrency: 16
[INFO] merge: all
[INFO] mesh_octree_depth: 11
[INFO] mesh_size: 200000
[INFO] min_num_features: 10000
[INFO] name: aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c
[INFO] no_gpu: False
[INFO] optimize_disk_space: False
[INFO] orthophoto_compression: DEFLATE
[INFO] orthophoto_cutline: False
[INFO] orthophoto_kmz: False
[INFO] orthophoto_no_tiled: False
[INFO] orthophoto_png: False
[INFO] orthophoto_resolution: 5
[INFO] pc_classify: False
[INFO] pc_copc: False
[INFO] pc_csv: False
[INFO] pc_ept: True
[INFO] pc_filter: 2.5
[INFO] pc_geometric: False
[INFO] pc_las: False
[INFO] pc_quality: medium
[INFO] pc_rectify: False
[INFO] pc_sample: 0
[INFO] pc_tile: False
[INFO] primary_band: auto
[INFO] project_path: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data
[INFO] radiometric_calibration: none
[INFO] rerun: None
[INFO] rerun_all: False
[INFO] rerun_from: [‘odm_postprocess’]
[INFO] resize_to: 2048
[INFO] rolling_shutter: False
[INFO] rolling_shutter_readout: 0
[INFO] sfm_algorithm: incremental
[INFO] skip_3dmodel: False
[INFO] skip_band_alignment: False
[INFO] skip_orthophoto: False
[INFO] skip_report: False
[INFO] sm_cluster: None
[INFO] smrf_scalar: 1.25
[INFO] smrf_slope: 0.15
[INFO] smrf_threshold: 0.5
[INFO] smrf_window: 18.0
[INFO] split: 200
[INFO] split_image_groups: None
[INFO] split_overlap: 150
[INFO] texturing_data_term: gmi
[INFO] texturing_keep_unseen_faces: False
[INFO] texturing_outlier_removal_type: gauss_clamping
[INFO] texturing_skip_global_seam_leveling: False
[INFO] texturing_skip_local_seam_leveling: False
[INFO] texturing_tone_mapping: none
[INFO] tiles: False
[INFO] time: False
[INFO] use_3dmesh: False
[INFO] use_exif: False
[INFO] use_fixed_camera_params: False
[INFO] use_hybrid_bundle_adjustment: False
[INFO] verbose: False
[INFO] ==============
[INFO] Running dataset stage
[INFO] Loading dataset from: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\images
[INFO] Loading images database: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\images.json
[INFO] Found 1134 usable images
[WARNING] Could not generate coordinates file. The orthophoto will not be georeferenced.
[INFO] Finished dataset stage
[INFO] Running split stage
[INFO] Large dataset detected (1134 photos) and split set at 200. Preparing split merge.
[WARNING] C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\opensfm\image_list.txt already exists, not rerunning OpenSfM setup
[WARNING] C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\opensfm\exif already exists, not rerunning photo to metadata
[WARNING] Detect features already done: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\opensfm\features exists
[WARNING] Match features already done: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\opensfm\matches exists
[WARNING] Submodels directory already exist at: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels
[INFO] Dataset has been split into 6 submodels. Reconstructing each submodel…
[INFO] Reconstructing C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0000\opensfm
[WARNING] Found a valid OpenSfM tracks file in: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0000\opensfm\tracks.csv
[WARNING] Found a valid OpenSfM reconstruction file in: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0000\opensfm\reconstruction.json
[INFO] Reconstructing C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0001\opensfm
[WARNING] Found a valid OpenSfM tracks file in: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0001\opensfm\tracks.csv
[WARNING] Found a valid OpenSfM reconstruction file in: C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM\data\aca71522-fa35-461c-9d14-79d668e02a9c\submodels\submodel_0001\opensfm\reconstruction.json
[ERROR] The program could not process this dataset using the current settings. Check that the images have enough overlap, that there are enough recognizable features and that the images are in focus. You could also try to increase the --min-num-features parameter.The program will now exit.

1 Like

now that I read what i wrote, I guess I would have had the duplicate name issue either way if it starts over at 999. Guess I need to look into that.

1 Like

If you copy files that have the same name as files already in a folder, Windows gives you the opportunity to keep both, adding a number to the file name of later additions, so you might have DJI_0755.JPG, and the next file added with the same name will be DJI_0755_1.JPG. The next ones will have _2, _3 etc.
This causes no problems for WebODM,

2 Likes

I use Windows Powershell to add prefixes to all the image filenames so they’re unique (tile_1, tile_2, NS, EW, sortie_1, sortie_2 etc)

2 Likes

Still not having any luck. I did find that I had 4 photos taken on the ground at take-off. Could that have been the problem? This is some property I own that is heavily forested. So, my other thought is that its having a hard time matching. I ran the mission with 85%/80% overlap at I believe 300 ft.

It looks like you’re resizing the images to 2048px. Can you process with no resizing?