Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0 Android Tablet and PC Windows 7 2D Mapping

I have a Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0, Android Tablet and PC with Windows 7

I normally just take basic videos and photos with the drone but my neighbor wants my to create a 2D map of his large wooded acreage.

I was going to use djiflightplanner but it doesn’t support - Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0, and OpenDroneMap doesn’t support Windows 7.

So what are my affordable options for creating a 2D map of this property with the equipment I have?

1 Like

Welcome!

You can still do a free upgrade to Windows 10 if your hardware is supported with the Update Assistant, so I would investigate that first.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Have you looked into Litchi for your flight planning?

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and plan my missions in Pix4DCapture or Good station directly on the phone.

Can that work for you?

1 Like

I just got an email back from djiflightplanner their software is compatible with Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0 BUT Litchi is not.

Pix4DCapture looks costly monthly charge. What is Good Station?

Pix4D Capture is free to use for planning. They only charge for processing.

1 Like

As far as planning goes I always like to recommend Drone Deploy.

It is free for planning purposes (it makes you start a trial, but this is only for processing), allows you to plan on the computer or tablet, allows for KML and SHP import for boundaries, has terrain awareness, has more 3D mission plan options, has gimbal angle control, and I really like the UI.

Haven’t really found any other free planners that have all of these options, but I’m sure I haven’t tried them all.

Just another option for you as far as mission planning goes

1 Like

For Android as well as Mac/Apple now? It was only Mac when I had my trial.

I manually adjust way points for terrain in Litchi after planning in DJIFlightplaner these days, then of course WebODM for processing, as DroneDeploy is eye wateringly expensive for large jobs.

1 Like