Orthophoto GeofTIFF

Hi, new to WebODM, like it so far easy use & fast, creates a great Orthophoto that displays correctly using “View Map” command.
However when I download via “Download Assests - Orthophoto GeoTIFF” then I cannot use the resultant tif file as it appears not to have any geo-referencing data as I cannot use it.
Any help would be appreciated, hopefully its something simple I have missed as a new user.
Thanks
David

1 Like

Welcome!

That’s super odd.

Can you give us some details about your ODM/WebODM installation (version, platform, method, etc.)?

I’ve not seen that issue yet, so it’s quite curious.

Does the orthophoto downloaded via Download All also have that same issue?

What are you opening the GeoTIFF with to view?

Hi,
using Windows 10, WebODM via Chrome, WebODM 1.8.1

Just tried via “Downloading All” produces the same results however it downloads a “odm_georeferencing” sub directory however this doesn’t seem to have any files linked to the tif i.e., tfw.

I use a software package called LSS for surveying & 3D modelling alos for manipulating point clouds.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
David

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info.

Are you able to provide links to the data (input images) and the all.zip somewhere we can look at?

Hi,
this link should take you to the data:-

I forgot to mention that I am in the UK and using UK OS co-ord system.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Image products seem to be just fine, CRS embedded in the TIFF metadata as they should be. Visualized here in QGIS:

Is it possible your software can’t understand embedded georeferencing and is looking for external sidecar “worldfiles”? Perhaps a really outdated PROJ library?

Fun dataset!:

Hi,
thanks for this, my software does work with a tiff & associated tfw software is upto date
Is there any way I can get this out of OBM?
Regards,
David

I don’t think we can generate TFW files, but you can use QGIS or ESRI ArcGIS to generate TFWs from GeoTIFFs with embedded metadata.

You can also use gdal from the commandline, if you’re comfortable.

Do you have access to either?

As an alternative, does your software come with a support agreement? Embedded georeferencing has been common for years now. Maybe you could give them a message asking for them to add embedded georeferencing support in addition to Worldfiles?

1 Like

If it’s AutoDesk, it can’t be loaded as a regular TIFF without a world file, it needs to be loaded through a different means. It’s been years since I’ve looked into it, but if it’s autodesk, I would check loading a “GeoTIFF” instead of a TIFF.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.