I talked with Nate Smith (Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team) at SOTMUS 2017 about how to build OAM uploading into WebODM. We thought it would make the most sense to do it there rather than in ODM core, as you can visualize the maps easily and connect user accounts.
Our goal: make a simple process for uploading your processed orthomosaic into OAM
- Ability to connect OAM API token to user account. see: https://github.com/hotosm/oam-catalog/issues/112
- Add a button to open a form for uploading a completed ortho
- I think the logical location would be in/around the map viewer
- Check whether the map has already been uploaded
- Also, if the process is rerun, ask before re-uploading
- Dataset Title
- Platform (Sat/Aircraft/UAV/Balloon/Kite)
- Sensor (eg. canon s100)
- Date Start
- Date End
Imagery Location (file loc) Tile Service url template (optional)
- Provider (user)
- Tags (comma-separated)
Some of these can be auto-filled. We could keep track of which aerials are from WebODM by always adding a ‘OpenDroneMap’ tag.
Thoughts for the future:
- Adding the OAM map as a base map
- This is not implemented on OAM side yet, but should be soon
Let me know what y’all think about this, if you have specific ideas about how to implement, or other ways this could be done.