ODM settings --gps-accuracy and --textering-nadir-weight

Hi there, I would like to setup correctly 2 settings for ODM:

1. For option --gps-accuracy, the documentation says, that RTK images will automatically set the value. To play safe, I would like to add a value for that option. Which value should be set for RTK images of ~3cm geolocation accuracy?
  2. The tutorial Creating High Quality Orthophotos mentions the setting --textering-nadir-weight, which I couldn’t find under the options chapter. Is this setting still valid?
    Help as always very appreciated!

Best,
Gabor

1 Like

I usually set the accuracy to 2x the expected vertical accuracy, in this case 6cm. By default, WebODM would use the larger of the values reported in the exif for GPS HDOP and GPS VDOP. As of a couple days ago, it uses twice that value instead, as usually the reported DOP values are not realistic.

3 Likes

Thanks for your quick answer smarthermather!

Best,
Gabor

1 Like

@Smarthermather, only WebODM pushes automatically the DOP info from exif or ODM as well?

Best,
Gabor

1 Like

The option is no longer available/needed, as newer versions have a better algorithm that is parameter free.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick anwser, pierotofy!

Best,
Gabor

1 Like

Both!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.