ODM process progress log

I run ODM on remote server from remote console. The internet connection is not quite good, so sometimes I get “Broken pipe” and have to re-connect… after I reconnect I no longer can see the live processing log, so I just start htop and see the system load.

Sometimes I can tell what ODM is doing there by the name of the process and options it shows in the process list in htop
Once ODM is done either successfully or not I can tell by CPU load dropped to zero on all cores and memory sets to a few hundreds megs… so I know it’s done and I go check the results…

It works ok for me, but can I somehow pick up the ODM log to see at what stage we are?
I saw log.json file in project folder that I usually check after if I have errors. Anything else to look at?

Like today I processed large dataset with ultra features quality. It’s been already 10 hours since I noticed complete point cloud, DTM, orthophoto files in the project folder and other files there, but still don’t see report folder and can’t see log.json…
The process doesn’t look 100% complete and the server shows that ODM still keeps it busy at 100% steady on one of the cores and memory taken at about 11Gb… sometimes it changes core… but no progress change in hours… it’s been like that for 10 hours already and I am wondering how much longer I have to wait…

Anywhere I could check at what stage it actually is at the moment or it just hanged and I am silly sitting waiting for it… is it even alive doing something or dead…

Screenshot from 2021-11-07 16-41-50
Screenshot from 2021-11-07 16-42-24

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.