ODM for coastal erosion control in West Africa

Until DJI releases the SDK supporting the Air 2S, no waypoint/survey capability in anything outside of the DJI app (which as far as I know does not support mission planning for this platform).

Capturing manually is incredibly difficult. If this is what you plan to do, I would advise you to select a different sUAS.

1 Like

DJI commercialize DJI GS pro for flight plans. There is a free trial period
An other option is Dronedeploy which includes the whole process from flight plan to map
A good suite edited in France is PIX4D
I wonder why ODM does not suggest an issue for flight planning as it is the beginning

1 Like

We’d love to have a flight planner, but time and resources have prevented it so far, and plenty of FOSS and freemium tools exist already. Still, a flight planner would be a valuable addition to the ecosystem.

3 Likes

And you’ve verified that all of those support your Air 2S? Again, I do not believe DJI have released their SDK so 3rd party support isn’t possible until that happens.

DJI GS Pro does not support your platform yet, either. Please be careful in selecting your sUAS.

As for a Flight Planning software, one in-built would be interesting for sure.

1 Like

OK, many thanks, i will check but I have seen a presentation with DJI Air 2S + DroneDeploy . It looks like working perfectly

1 Like

Double-check, because they are not listing it as supported for Flight Planning.

Recommended and Supported Drones (dronedeploy.com)

Again, until DJI releases the SDK, nobody but DJI can support Flight Planning on one of their sUAS.

1 Like

I checked. The 20 th of july SDK is possible for the mini mavik DJI

It’s in French
Patrick

But that is not the Air 2 S. The SDK is specific to a single sUAS unless otherwise noted.

1 Like

OK…I will check that…
Have a look at the bottom on this page, … PIX 4 D is mentionned as using the SDK DJI
Developer - DJI Enterprise

It’s a confusing ecosystem for sure: I bought a DJI mini before it could be controlled with a flight planner myself.

To flight plan on a DJI, generally:

• The software needs to support using the SDK
  • The sdk needs to support the drone

If either of those isn’t true, then you can’t fly until both are true. In your case, DJI hasn’t released support for your drone, so you’ll either need to fly manually (which can be quite difficult to do well enough to get good data), or you need a different drone.

2 Likes

And may be it’s because DJI mini has no memory…
I found the list of Dji drones compatible with PX4D mapper

In this ecosystem, PIX 4D seems to be complementary with ODM… assumed that you have an SDK supported drone … ie DJI Mavic Air 2 or Mavic pro…

1 Like

Finally I have found the ANAFI from PARROT. With PIX 4D Capture I can planify the missions.and it works properly for a reasonable price !
Now I am coping with ODM … Every time I restart my machine The node is disconnected and I cannot reconnect it, I have tried to create a new node but I don’t know which port to fix,

1 Like

I hope you enjoy!

How do you have ODM installed?

I have installed Git, Python, docker, ODM. I use to launch WebODM from Docker…
I have succeded to create a new node by entring the same port as the node odm-1 which has been created automaticaly at the beginning.
I don’t understand how to choose the right port.

1 Like

I personally use webodm to process maps after taking all the images with dji drones.

for flights I use litchi to plan missions and fly the drone. for flight management I use airdata uav. airdata is useful for collecting data on your lfights but also your equipment, however there are many choices out there that will do the same thing. sounds like a fun project…

1 Like

Can you read the docker log to see if it gives you any details?

Docker-écran
Docker-general
Dockerressources
Here are 3 screns from my docker on my modest Dell laptop

1 Like

Have you updated your docker and webodm recently?

Docker recently changed how they do hostnames, so your node needs to be named like this:

odm-node-odm-1

Check this thread, it can give you ideas, but you have to manually enter the flight routes through waypoints, programming the speed and the time of the automatic shot you can make orthophotos, ask the forum the dimensions of the corridors, the height and speed, depending on of the surface to be photographed and the type of camera of the dji air s2. Brand new drone owner (DJI Mavic Air 2) interesting in hobby photogrammerty / mapping - #6 by ricardoarce

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.