I need some tips on how to get a less noisy point cloud. I think I am getting way too many points that are just noise. I would like to try and reduce them, while at the same time holding actual data.
Some specific questions:
- Which ODM parameters deal directly with the data/noise ratio in a point cloud?
- Does image pre-processing make a difference? My current workflow involves running the photos through Lightroom in order to fix some exif issues with the DJI cameras. Does anyone have any experience with the effects of sharpening and contrast?
- How important is lens calibration? I have been using “auto” in the ODM settings. Can I improve the noise by calibrating the lens? How can I tell whether my workflow is calibrating the lens?
- What about creating a corrected rectilinear lens profile, the likes of which is used in other photography fields? Would this kind of correction yield better results or is it redundant with ODM camera correction methods?
- I am shooting with a 110degree lens (Laowa 7.5 mm, Zenmuse X5 camera) does a wide angle lens make calibration more important?