NodeODM on Windows

Hi,

The native WebODM program for Windows is excellent, much better than using a virtual machine.
I have a couple of iMacs running Windows, is there any way to use both to process a project (NodeODM?) without running it virtually?

Hmm… I think you might need docker at the least for hosting clusterODM to do the job marshalling. You may also be able to use the WebODM for Windows (native) as a node to join to clusterODM as there is a full nodeODM installation as part of the WebODM for Windows (native).

Yes you can! If you open a command prompt and navigate to C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM, then issue:

C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\NodeODM>nodeodm.exe --odm_path C:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM
info: Authentication using NoTokenRequired
info: Listening on 0.0.0.0:6367 UDP for progress updates
info: No tasks dump found
info: Checking for orphaned directories to be removed...
info: Server has started on port 3000

You can then launch a NodeODM node.

Afterwards, you can then launch ClusterODM in a similar way by downloading the binary release at Release 1.5.3 · OpenDroneMap/ClusterODM · GitHub

Follow the directions from Splitting Large Datasets — OpenDroneMap 2.6.0 documentation to setup two nodes, replacing the docker commands with the command above.

1 Like

Thanks. May be a little more than my skill set, but I’ll give it a go.
Great product, by the way!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.