I’m a new user having some trouble getting satisfactory results from a dataset.
The photo’s were collected using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro, using Pix4D Capture, and were processed with WebODM. 5 GCPs were set using a Carlson Brx7 GNSS receiver getting RTK corrections from the state DOT’s CORS network.
I flew two missions over a “campground” on a small peninsula at local lake, with one mission being rotated approximately 45° to the other. The two missions together captured 724 images, which took just under 27 hours to process on my PC, which has a AMD Ryzen 7 3700x and 64GB of Ram.
The GPU was disabled because the one I currently have will not process the images.
I am also curious why it took so long to process. I have a trial project (just images, no GCPs) that only took 5 hours to process 392 images, but my primary concern is the poor accuracy.
The ortho and point cloud look ok, the cloud has some weirdness at the water, but that’s to be expected, but as is confirmed by the quality report, the dataset does not fit my GCPs.
I am looking for some troubleshooting advice.
EDIT: The dataset is still uploading as I make this post.
Here are the first several lines from the text file output. Does this have an exhaustive list of the settings? I’ve started a second run without GCPs, but if it takes as long as the first run, it will be a couple of days before it’s finished.
I believe you may be onto something with the GCPs. The project I’m working on is natively in the State Plane Coordinate system for the area I’m working in. I don’t think ODM supports that, so there may be some error in how I converted the coordinates. If I graphically scale the ortho in my CAD drawing, I can fit the ortho to the GCPs in a way that looks like it fits the points.
I tried to process the same set of pictures without the GCPs, and after 34 hours it was still matching (the entire process took 27 hours originally), so I decided to cancel the process and try to process another flight. I ended this one after 12 hours with it still matching since it only had 337 images and had gone over twice as long as the last <400 image flight I had processed. I did realize that it had been several days in I rebooted my computer, so I did that and started processing the smaller image set again.
The very first set of images I processed was 154 images which took 2 hours, the second set was 392 images and took 5 hours, so I’m still pretty confused about how process times scales with image count.