Hi, I’m a university student from India working on creating semi-autonomous drones for surveillance in our campus.
I planned on using stereo cameras for close distance but for geo maps, I plan on using OpenDroneMap. I have a raspberry pi 3B+ which I’m using to take pictures (and stereo imaging). I also have a Ublox M8N GPS module.
- DJI F450 quadcopter frame
- APM 2.8 flight controller
- Ublox M8N GPS module.
- Two cheap webcams for stereo imaging of the environment.
My questions are as follows:
- Once I have generated a georeferenced map of an environment, How do I use it for going from one point to another?
- Can I run the whole code on a raspberry pi 3B+? I assume this process is computationally intensive.
- Can I use OpenDroneMap to create navigable 3D maps of surroundings like dorm rooms and buildings? Can some one please provide me links for guides and tutorials for the same?
TL;DR: equipment + questions.