Native ODM Windows -- Cannot Initialize Cuda

Hi all,

Just trying the Windows native version of ODM [ODM.exe]. I have an NVIDIA GPU with CUDA installed. After the first few lines of processing, it says it detected CUDA drivers but the next line after it says [WARNING] Cannot use GPU for feature extraction: Cannot initialize CUDA and the process started using CPU instead.

Anyone know what can be the problem of this?

Thank you!

2 Likes

What GPU are you using?

This message is common on anything GTX 9xx or older.

1 Like

It’s been a problem since the past 2 builds for me.

2 Likes

Been trying it on 3 different rigs, 4 GB of GTX 970, 4 GB of Quadro M2000 and 12 GB of RTX 3080 Ti. None of them works :confused:

2 Likes

Doesn’t work on my GeForce rtx 3060 either… Same error occurs… it doesn’t work in either docker or native installer. Latest driver’s on with CPU AMD 5600x, 40gb ram Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, SSD 960 Samsung, windows 10 pro.

1 Like

Is someone willing to open an issue, and is everyone else willing/able to contribute their setup/WebODM version as a comment on that issue so we can get it tracked?

3 Likes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB

For the past 2 native Windows builds, typical error I see, no matter what size image, whereas previously GPU feature extraction was used for feature extraction with 3644 pixel wide images:

[INFO] Photo dimensions for feature extraction: 1368px
[INFO] CUDA drivers detected
[WARNING] Cannot use GPU for feature extraction: Cannot initialize CUDA

1 Like

yeah seeing the same here on both Laptop (GTX 1650Ti) and desktop (RTX2070 Super)

1 Like
[INFO]    Photo dimensions for feature extraction: 2000px
[INFO]    CUDA drivers detected
[WARNING] Cannot use GPU for feature extraction: Cannot initialize CUDA

Native Windows Installation 1.9.14
GTX 1650Ti

1 Like

Same issue for me
RTX 2070
ODM build 62

1 Like

where are yall even seeing this? All I see is an extremely unhelpful loading bar that says processing with a spinning gear wheel.
I’m new to using this app and am having some pretty severe problems that will get their own topic later on, but I have also noticed that the program pegs my cpu at the redline while my gpus do nothing at all, so I assume this is an issue for me as well.
This is an editting rig with 3090s in it

1 Like

Welcome!

To expand Task details, you click on the + icon:

Once you have them expanded, you can turn on the Processing Log to view log messages:

The log will warn if the processing pipeline needed to fall back to CPU. Even if it does not, bear in mind that not every stage of the pipeline is GPU-accelerated, so heavy CPU usage is expected and normal throughout most of the processing pipeline.

2 Likes

I’m getting the same issue on ODM 2.8.4 on Windows for a “NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design” graphics card. I think it used to work, but I can’t remember since when.

2 Likes

I created this account just to report this issue a week ago, thankfully I’m not the only one. Running an RTX 2070 SUPER and a 5950x w/ 32GB of RAM. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Using ODM 2.8.5 and CUDA 11.7.

1 Like

Welcome, thanks for the detailed report, and sorry for the issue.

I’ll compile everyone’s responses into an Issue this week so we can start profiling further.

5 Likes

If you need any more info, then just shout

1 Like

I opened an issue here.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll move the setups I have in my draft issue to a comment in yours to keep it in one place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorted in the latest build 1.9.14 (63) :+1:

4 Likes