I’ve just purchased webODM and I’m working on processing some data collected with a P4 Multispectral.
The pictures we’re collected with individual pictures for R,G,B,RE, and IR. Flight was conducted with 80/80 overlap at 400’ above tallest point(terrain following is not available on the P4) and terrain was variable with upto ~300’ elevation change maximum. All pictures taken in 1 flight without landing.
I’ve processed it multiple times with changing the parameters slightly each time to see if it changes anything, but I keep coming out with about 3/4 of the ortho covered with a heavy yellow tint. There is a clearly defined line between the yellow section and the SW corner which appears to be processing correctly. It’s almost as if it is mixing up the bands for part of it.
I am also getting some strange swirling near trees, even on ultra-high, maybe this is an inevitability though with the density of canopy cover. According the the report only 34/108 images were used in the reconstruction.
The latest parameters:
Installed on Windows 10 via the WebODM installer
The Log and Report:
I’m limited to 2 links right now, but I can also post the ortho in a reply if it helps.
I chose to fly without using the P4M’s RGB combined sensor. So Images were only captured in the separate 5 bands for this flight to save on storage space. Definitely a good note for the future though, I didn’t know that!
I’m feeling dumb now that I look at that image. The trees were ~100’ - 150’, but that’s definitely not a 400’ shot. Thanks for looking at that Saijin_Naib.
Settings were at 80/80 overlap, but terrain was highly variable and the flight app was quite restrictive. Probably nothing I can do to make this imagery process any better? Flight area is inaccessible for a while.
Understood, I’ve got a couple other datasets from the same day that I believe I had a take off location for that allowed 400ft AGL for the entire flight plan - I’ll give those a whirl and see what happens.
It appears to be due to the lack of overlap, when I ran my other missions the data produced was not tinted yellow, so I’m not sure how this calibration difference came to be it seems to be due to the flight, not the software.
On a side note; When I ran the same low overlap mission using the “Fast Ortho” mode I was able to produce an ortho for the whole area. There were definitely some distortions, and some small holes, but it did produce something - and there was no yellowing to speak of.