Missing Features during Reconstruction

Ciao Saijin,

anche io ho riscontrato nei miei primi elaborati quanto evidenziato da WGSJacob, di seguito ti riporto un paio di immagini

Nuvola Punti , Nuvola Punti Ingrandita

pensi che il problema abbia le stesse origini?

1 Like

Ciao Angelo,

Potrebbe benissimo essere la stessa causa sottostante.

Puoi pubblicare i tuoi parametri di elaborazione?

Facoltativamente, pubblicare un link ai dati in qualcosa come Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, ecc. è davvero utile.

Sei in grado di parlare inglese o almeno di usare un traduttore online per facilitare l’aiuto di altri qui?

(Ho anche diviso questo nel suo argomento in modo da poter aiutare sia Jacob che te meglio)

[Questa è tradotta automaticamente - Si prega di perdonare eventuali errori]

Hi Angelo,

It very well may be the same underlying cause.

Can you please post your processing parameters?

Optionally, posting a link to the data in something like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. is really helpful.

Are you able to speak English, or at least use an online translator to facilitate help from others here?

(I’ve also split this into its own topic so we can help both Jacob and you better)

[This is machine translated - Please forgive any errors]

1 Like

Thanks Saijin,

Ok I take your suggestion I will use English (translated Online), this is the activity output

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O_sRIBMqGmpL-Op1lYZvl93FrIxWiTN1/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Angelo,

Are you able to change the permissions so everyone can access it without having to request permission first?

1 Like

Saijin,

I tried.

Tell me if it’s ok?

1 Like

Yeah, I was able to view it just fine, thanks.

Same recommendations I gave to Jacob:

Try that and let us know what happens.

1 Like

Ok, try again with the new options. Just done I tell you.

1 Like

Hi Saijin,

I followed your instructions, the outcome was not what I wanted, the holes have moved and they would seem to have increased.

Below you will find the images and processing parameters

Nuvola Completa

Buchi Ravvicinati

More tips! Good day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Angelo,

Are you able to post the data on your Google Drive as well, so we can try to reconstruct it ourselves?

1 Like

Hi Saijin,

this is the link of the folder, where you find images and GCP files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sz1rfQlMipABtOdkBLhFTxsnQr4JBMms?usp=sharing

Waiting for your elaborations and confident that you can understand where the error is.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Full defaults on ODM master:

Are you running the most up to date version?

2 Likes

Be patient,

if you mean the WebODM version!

In the control panel under information you give me this number 1.8.1, is that what you were asking me?

In the ODM quality report, it says "Processed with ODM version 2.4.7, is this the version I am using?

1 Like

Correct. I’m using 2.4.8, for instance.

Slight tweaks:
--rerun-all --crop 0 --pc-quality ultra --use-hybrid-bundle-adjustment

Orthophoto:

Point Cloud:

It may well have done even better with --feature-quality ultra, but I don’t have enough RAM for that.

2 Likes

I’ll get your test machine back up hopefully this weekend…

1 Like

Good day Saijin,

I try to redo the processing myself with the new suggestions you suggested and then I tell you.

Good weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi smathermather-cm,

was he addressing me?

Sorry: I was addressing Saijin. @angelo62, I am glad it’s working for you now.

2 Likes

Hi Saijin,

as anticipated, I made a new processing as indicated by you, the options are indicated at the top in the images

Cloud Points
Nuvola Completa

With these vestments, the processing took about an hour and forty minutes with 39,554,218 points.

Zooming in on the cloud I still detect holes as shown in the following image, less evident holes but there are.

Cloud zuummata
Buchi Ravvicinati

Do you think this is normal? What could it be causing?

Good evening

1 Like

Looking good, Angelo!

Do you think you have the time to try adding --feature-quality ultra as well?

It looks like there is difficulty finding tiepoints in those areas… I’m not quite certain why.

Are you familiar with the site? What are in both locations? Maybe some low-lying water?

1 Like