MicMac and Orthophotos

I was trying out the MicMac node and it finished processing the images, but gave me a message: “An orthophoto could not be generated. To generate one, make sure GPS information is embedded in the EXIF tags of your images, or use a Ground Control Points (GCP) file.” I can create a GCP, but the standard ODM node creates orthophotos just fine from the same images without a GCP. Where is the disconnect? I’m using a Yuneec H520E and it gives me telemetry in .tlog, .utm, and .sky formats. Can any of those be used to substitute for what MicMac needs?

Likely not directly.

Can you post a link to one of your images so we can see if the EXIF does actually contain geodata?

tlog sounds like PX4/ArduPilot Telemetry Log, which may or may not have sufficient messages to accurately pass geodata to the images.

For instance, I use MissionPlanner + GeoSetter to turn my ArduPilot dataflash logs into GPX to burn position data into the JPGs from my GoPro (Solex also does this neatly for me on my 3DR Solo).

Here’s a portion of the EXIF data from GIMP. It contains lat/long data. I’m not sure about how accurate the height data is. It seems low.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.