Along with the long dead kangaroo vertebra I found this femur, 110 images with a 6MP DSLR
That looks great, created with webodm?
Yes, produced in WebODM, the animation captured and saved with Debut Capture.
That does look good. I’m not clear how you held the object and rotated it around or did you hold one part do a whole set of images then hold another part and do another whole set?
Glad to see Debut working well.
Camera in one hand, bone in the other, dark background behind.
I held and rotated the bone while photographing one end, then worked my way along to the other end, mostly keeping my fingers out of view. I then took a few more images at various angles around the ends to better cover hollows/not easily seen parts. Bone up one way or the other doesn’t matter, the matching process appears to cover all rotations.
I will give it a try but from past experience I get ‘exploded’ results whatever settings I use even if the support is well hidden.
I have run the images through a few times with various settings, final one was this:
auto-boundary: true, debug: true, dem-euclidean-map: true, feature-quality: ultra, mesh-octree-depth: 14, mesh-size: 1000000, min-num-features: 20000, optimize-disk-space: true, pc-quality: ultra, rerun-from: dataset, resize-to: -1, skip-orthophoto: true, texturing-outlier-removal-type: gauss_damping, use-3dmesh: true, verbose: true
Sometimes the settings improve one part, but make another worse, I’m yet to discover the perfect combination!