Issues attempting to reinstall WebODM

Hi all,

I still haven’t got my head around how WebODM works and I think that’s what has caused the problem I’m in.

Until today I have been processing images through WebODM just fine. Had a memory error message come up and the node kept constantly restarting thereafter. Couldn’t find a way to fix have looking through the forums and github etc. So I deleted the node through docker thinking I could easily make a new node through the host. Couldn’t work out how.

Long story short I’ve tried to completely uninstall WebODM and now following the installation again but I’m stuck on gitbash with the text saying:

$ ./webodm.sh start
Checking for docker… OK
Checking for docker-compose… OK
Starting WebODM…

Using the following environment:

Host: localhost
Port: 8000
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: NO
SSL key:
SSL certificate:
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Default Nodes: 1

Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up --scale node-odm=1
Pulling db (opendronemap/webodm_db:)…

Trying down and start again and I get and am stuck at:

$ ./webodm.sh start
Checking for docker… OK
Checking for docker-compose… OK
Starting WebODM…

Using the following environment:

Host: localhost
Port: 8000
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: NO
SSL key:
SSL certificate:
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Default Nodes: 1

Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.nodeodm.yml up --scale node-odm=1
Pulling broker (redis:)…
Docker Compose is now in the Docker CLI, try docker compose up

latest: Pulling from library/redis

Think I just want to know how to completely remove WebODM from my computer so that I can install it again without issues. As you can tell I’m not extremely techy. Really got my head spinning.

Thanks,
Omar

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry you’re having a hard time.

Try this:

Hi Saijin,

Thanks for the quick response.

Have followed what you attached and have attempted to install it once again but it is still stuck at the same location. Had a look at another topic where someone was stuck at the same place and it was suggested it could be a internet connection issue? Internet here isn’t great so could try somewhere better and see if it works there.

Ah, that’s very possible.

The first pull from Docker is a lot of data, so if your connection is slow or drops at all, it can kind of jam things up.