Issue with snap

so i ran the command sudo snap install opendronemap --edge as shown on the snap store on two different systems and i got this error. i later removed the snap and reinstalled it but it wont run or launch

please help

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/snap/opendronemap/30/lib/libsnapcraft-preload.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/snap/opendronemap/30/lib/libsnapcraft-preload.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/snap/opendronemap/30/odm/run.py”, line 10, in
from opendm import config
File “/snap/opendronemap/30/odm/opendm/config.py”, line 6, in
from appsettings import SettingsParser
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘appsettings’

there is a missing module named appsettings in config.py. i just checked it. i may be wrong

Do you think it is this?

That being said, the SNAP should still work, as I get that error when I invoke it directly via the Terminal, but I’m able to process just fine on my Linux laptop.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure. it probably is just that but i dont know what exactly should go into the file. i think its best to open an issue on the repository since odm is not working according to the instructions provided on the readme.md file.

A person seeing this for the first time may entirely dismiss odm since the snap doesn’t work which could be undesirable.

1 Like

@diddledan took care of it for us!

What a mensch!

2 Likes

you’re full of energy, what a community this is.

also will all changes made to the github repository automatically reflect on the snap?

1 Like

Yes! Dan setup a github action to publish changes immediately to the edge channel of the snap for easy testing.

The WSL and docker images are updated automatically when a new release is tagged. So, we can expect them to be more like “final release” instead of rolling release.

1 Like

awesome

1 Like

can you give me any instructions on how to run odm from snap? what are the steps to follow