I am unable to restart WebODM

Window 10 version of WebODM v 1.9.16 build 73

Help is much appreciated.

Troubleshooting steps already done:

1. I already uninstalled and reinstalled. It ran once, but when I restarted, it reverts to this error.
  2. Rebooted my pc, and still this issue.

Log entries:

“Booting WebODM 1.9.16 build 73…”
“Trying to connect to NodeODM localhost:29301…”
“Attempt 0 failed, retrying…”
“nodeodm: info: Authentication using SimpleToken\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Listening on 0.0.0.0:6367 UDP for progress updates\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Initialized 0 tasks\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Checking for orphaned directories to be removed…\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Server has started on port 29301\r\n”
“Trying to connect to NodeODM localhost:29301…”
“Connected to NodeODM 2.2.0”
“redis-server: . \n .-__ ''-._ \n _.- . . ‘’-._ Redis 3.2.100 (00000000/0) 64 bit\n .- .-```. ```\\/ _.,_ ''-._ \n ( ' , .-` | `, ) Running in standalone mode\n |`-._`-...-` __...-.-.|’_.-'| Port: 29379\n | -. ._ / _.-' | PID: 10716\n -._ -._ -./ .-’ .-’ \n |-._-. -.__.-' _.-'_.-'| \n | -.-._ _.-'_.-' | http://redis.io \n -._ -._-..-’.-’ .-’ \n |-._-. -.__.-' _.-'_.-'| \n | -.-._ _.-'_.-' | \n -._ -._-..-’_.-’ _.-’ \n -._ -..-’ _.-’ \n -._ _.-' \n -..-’ \n\n[10716] 10 Nov 13:09:59.895 # Server started, Redis version 3.2.100\n”
“redis-server: [10716] 10 Nov 13:09:59.898 * DB loaded from disk: 0.003 seconds\n[10716] 10 Nov 13:09:59.898 * The server is now ready to accept connections on port 29379\n”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: waiting for server to shut down…”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: .”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: done\r\nserver stopped\r\n”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: exited with code 0”
“Trying to connect to postgres localhost:29543…”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: server starting\r\n”
“G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/psql: exited with code 0”
“python: Operations to perform:\r\n Apply all migrations: admin, app, auth, contenttypes, guardian, nodeodm, sessions\r\nRunning migrations:\r\n No migrations to apply.\r\n”
“python: exited with code 0”
“python: Traceback (most recent call last):\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\WebODM\manage.py”, line 22, in \r\n”
“python: execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\init.py”, line 381, in execute_from_command_line\r\n”
“python: utility.execute()\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\init.py”, line 375, in execute\r\n”
“python: self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py”, line 323, in run_from_argv\r\n”
“python: self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py”, line 364, in execute\r\n”
“python: output = self.handle(*args, **options)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\WebODM\app\management\commands\addnode.py”, line 17, in handle\r\n”
“python: ProcessingNode.objects.update_or_create(hostname=options.get(‘host’), \r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\manager.py”, line 82, in manager_method\r\n”
“python: return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\query.py”, line 554, in update_or_create\r\n”
“python: obj = self.select_for_update().get(**kwargs)\r\n File “G:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\grass78\Python39\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\query.py”, line 410, in get\r\n”
“python: raise self.model.MultipleObjectsReturned(\r\nnodeodm.models.MultipleObjectsReturned: get() returned more than one ProcessingNode – it returned 2!\r\n”
“python: exited with code 1”
{}

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry for the trouble!

So to be clear, you’ve done an uninstall directly followed by a reboot and then an attempt at re-installing, correct? If not, please try it in that order.

1 Like

You are correct.

I even installed it on another drive, and get the same results. works fine on install. start a project, complete, review the model, then restart WebODM, and then i get the error mentioned.

In additon, I added all TCP ports manually into the IN/OUT firewall rules to allow connections. Still no luck.

The next option is to use a different PC. If it matters, I am using Windows 10 Home edition. Not sure if there is a difference between Home and Pro, required to run this software.

1 Like

No, Home/Pro should not matter for what WebODM needs.

Your Windows 10 installation is fully up to date, all optional/required patches installed?

What are your full system specifications?

Yea … windows is up to date

I have AMD-8320 8 core processor, 16 gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1050 with 4 gb dedicate and 8 gb share ram, a couple of ssd drives

I was able to run the WebODM on another “clean” Windows computer, restart it … etc. Have not experienced issue. Just to run the interface. I can run ODM and nodeodm on this pc to use the GPU. That is working fine for me.

I do use the problem pc with a lot of coding and have different version of software installed that WebODM has dependencies. Not if that is resulting in conflicts.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

It has caused problems in other installations, yes. Usually some offending entries on the PATH that take precedence over what we ship with WebODM.

If you’d like to reach out to [email protected], we might want to collect further info on your installation to troubleshoot further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.