How to update portable usb version of ODM installed onto Ubuntu 16.04

We have bought the portable usb version odm for $57. How do we update it as it is running 0.9.1. any help would be great.

Hey @wcarroll14 :hand: we typically update the LiveODM ISO every few months, after the software has been tested for a while.

The 1.1.0 version should end up being available in the ISO sometimes in the next 2 weeks. I can update you when that happens.

Thanks for the reply, a message would be great when the update comes out as well with instructions on how to update. We would also like to know if there are log files stored any where from processing jobs.

LiveODM has not been updated. You can download the LiveODM ISO using the same link you’ve received when you purchased it and flash it onto a USB drive. Simply flash and reinstall.

Logs are usually available from each task within WebODM (just expand the task and press “Task Output --> ON”.

@pierotofy I just wanted to get an update to see if the LiveODM has been updated to 1.1.0. and if it has, how do I update it without having to do a fresh install.

The safest way would be to do a fresh install; if you feel like attempting to update, these commands should do the trick.

cd /code
git pull origin master
sudo bash configure.sh reinstall

cd /www
git checkout package.json
git pull origin master
npm install

cd /webodm
git checkout package.json
git pull origin master

source python3-venv/bin/activate
npm install
pip install -r requirements.txt
webpack --mode production
python manage.py collectstatic --noinput
python manage.py migrate
bash app/scripts/plugin_cleanup.sh
echo "from app.plugins import build_plugins;build_plugins()" | python manage.py shell

sudo chown -R odm:odm /code /www /webodm /home/odm

Then restart the computer. Note that I have not tried these with LiveODM specifically, so I can’t guarantee that it will work.

@pierotofy I am just wondering if a clean update method is available for LiveODM, without having to do a fresh reinstall.