How to create jpeg from 3D model

Hi everyone,

I am new here and have a couple of quick questions.

1. When I create the 3d model in ODM is there a way to generate a .jpeg image from the model.?

2. I have a set of images from my project that was created in Drone Deploy. It is a simple flight plan that runs simply up and down the area taking pictures. I want to redo the project, but with a cross-hatch flight plan to gather more data. The question is, can I merge the 2 data sets together, or will that cause conflicts and issues in the final render?

Thanks

For your point 1, I just use Print Screen and paste into GIMP, adjust as necessary, then export as a JPEG image.

2 Likes

I was just reading your reply again, have missed a word or two, or are you saying you import the file into GIMP? Does GIMP support 3D models?

Not an import, just pasting in a screen grab. JPG format is only 2D, so it wont be a 3D model once it is converted into a JPG.
You can do 3D transformations of a 2D image in GIMP, but can’t move an image around in 3D as in ODM.

On your Q2, if you use the original images and fly a new pattern at right angles, I don’t think there will be any issue, assuming they are nadir or near to nadir images.

1 Like

Ah OK, I see what you are saying now.

Thanks

I just noticed the missing words you alluded to, which were there, but I had put <> around it, which made it vanish when posted, despite being visible in the edit window.

Haha, at least it wasn’t just me being dense then!

2 Likes

This should work provided the flight plans have sufficient overlap/sidelap between them, and the scene/lighting isn’t terribly different.